Friday 20 February 2015

Tip for Sketch Pattern and Suppress elements


Work is biting into my post schedule so this is just a quickie that I discovered myself just today. The context is that I want to pattern the 2 diam 14 holes at the top (12 o'clock) 3 times meaning that I will have a set at 3 and 9 o'clock. Because I started at 12 I can't get that pattern without doing it 4 times in 360 degrees and then RMB on the 2 holes I don't want and Suppressing them.

My discovery today is the double arrow in the bottom right corner of the Pattern window. Expanding it shows a Suppress button and if I hit that and select either of the 2 unwanted holes the command will Suppress those while inside the Pattern command. A real time saver which in my books is a bonus!


Below is a video of the process. Note that this is in 2014 so I expect it to also be in newer versions, but whether in older I don't know.






No comments:

Post a Comment